Monday, November 30, 2015

Jesus in Bakersfield?

What if Jesus was sitting in your favorite chair and you were sitting on the couch right across from Him? Would you feel free to talk to Him or would you be intimidated by His presence? Would you just wish He wasn't there? Would you be so over ridden with guilt that you would not even be able to look Him in the eye? Or just maybe you would be really happy to see Him and couldn't wait to engage in stimulating conversation .

Hold that thought and we will return to that potential conversation later .  In the meantime lets just think about what would he the response if Jesus came to Bakersfield and was reported by Channel 23 to be walking down Ming Ave by Valley Plaza. Would you jump in your car and drive too fast getting to Jesus, or would you stay put and wonder what in the world Jesus is doing in Bakersfield? l fear that many of us would not get too excited about getting to see Jesus. l fear we would he harboring guilt over unconquered sins and would not be comfortable face to face with the Savior.

If he did come and l went to see Him this is the Scenario that I envision.                              

I'm standing by a tree as the crowd following Jesus makes its way towards my position. l am still struggling with whether l want to greet Him personally, since I was dealing with some issues l wasn't comfortable talking to Jesus about. As Jesus gets closer l try to get the tree to hide me. Just as Jesus gets in front of me He stops and looks right at me. Chuck, don't hide behind the tree, You should go home because I am headed to your house. I of course am shocked. I say ok Jesus, my address:... Jesus says, really Chuck, l know exactly where you live and I will be there in two hours to talk to you.

In my next post l will try to imagine how that conversation might have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment