Tuesday, February 9, 2016

40 Days of Intention

It is time for me to start living for and serving Christ more intentionaly. I can just amble along and do all the 'right' things and try to cruise into heaven in neutral. I am not interested in doing that anymore. I want to stand with my face forward and my heart engaged and advance in His direction, as He leads, and in firm determination to accomplish His plans for me. I have many things to be sorry for in my life, but I am confident in my Lord that He as accepted my repentance and sees me as His disciple ready to do His work. I have a lot of unfinished work due to procrastination and laziness. Instead of trying to go back and pick up the broken pieces I am ready for God to do a new work in me.  With that in mind, instead of celebrating Lent as a liturgical practice, I am devoting myself to moving in God's direction for the 40 days beginning on Wed 2/10 (Ash Wednesday) and continuing through Easter Sunday. In this blog post I will outline my intent for the next 40 days, my personal 40 Days of Intent. I will memorize and follow the admonition of Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.

So, all that being said, this is my plan and sometime between now and Wednesday will likely become my commitment before God.

1. I will do a ten-day Daniel Fast starting on Thursday morning Feb 11 and will break my fast on Sunday morning Feb 21st. That means I will, with the Lord's help eat no meat, no leavened bread, no sugar, no milk or dairy products including cheese, eggs and yogurt, no liquids other than water etc. I will eat vegetables, fruits, protein powder, oatmeal, tortillas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice and attempt to make them as palatable as possible. I may even try to eat tofu. Lots of good recipes in the Daniel Fast book

2. I will pray every day. One day a week will be at least one hour of prayer for my church. I will intercede for my church, at the church.

3. I will participate in my churches Ash Wednesday service. I will fully repent and accept Christ's forgiveness before accepting the sign of the cross in ash

4. I will find a way to be of service above and beyond anything I am doing now.

5. I will do the War Room Bible study, the Prayer Warrior Bible study. I will finish the Prayer Warrior book (Stormie Omartian) and read at least one other book on intercessory prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment