Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Finding my inner leader Part 2

Let me start with prayer. God has given me a great desire to learn to pray better. This has been burning in me for a couple of years.  I just have this sense that I need to have a deeper level of communication with God and Jesus through the Holy Spirit.  I don't really consider myself a leader in this area because I have so much to learn myself, but I am working on it.

I have a vision. I can see the people of God gathering on Sunday morning before service to pray for God's blessing on the Lord's day. I can see an early morning prayer meeting at the church at least once a week where we gather to pray for our church, our leadership and our community. I can see a series of discipleship classes where we learn together to be more effective prayer warriors.  I envision an annual prayer conference where we have guest speakers who can lead us to greater understandings of the power of prayer.  There are 24 hour prayer chains leading up to special days such as Lent or Pentecost, an ongoing prayer chain where serious prayer requests can be distributed to many prayer warriors very quickly.

This is a vision. For this vision to begin to reach fruition requires a leader. I want to be that leader and I believe God wants me to be that leader. For this to happen I need to learn to pray more and to pray more effectively, this is in process.

More to follow in Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment